As we age, our naturally produced supply of hyaluronic acid begins to diminish. This presents itself in the form of drier skin, lessened skin elasticity and firmness, as well as the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. For several years HylaFuse™, the patented triple-weighted hyaluronic acid complex found in most Dp Dermaceuticals, was at the forefront of the fight against those visible signs of aging. It now has an indispensable ally in another patented technology – the Calphasomes™ Complex. By combining the hydrating effects of hyaluronic acid with the anti-aging benefits of Calphasomes™ Technology we can fully address the issue of visible aging from every angle.
What Are Calphasomes™? Calphasomes™ are derived from hydroxyapatite, which is a natural occurring mineral obtained from phosphate rock and consists of a potent compound of calcium and phosphate. Both calcium and phosphate have a documented ability to penetrate skin without damaging or disrupting its integrity, as well as robust anti-aging properties.
Calphasomes™ Technology offers a controlled delivery system for both oil- and water-based bioactives, thereby achieving enhanced penetration into the skin, while ensuring that skin barrier integrity is fully maintained. Similar to the way that the three molecular weights of hyaluronic acid found in HylaFuse™ Complex enable water-based products to penetrate deeper, Calphasomes™ assist with both – oil-based, as well as water-based bioactives, therefore greatly enhancing product performance.
How Do Calphasomes™ Work? Calphasomes™ Technology strengthens the outer dermal layer by remaining localized in the stratum corneum, or top layer of the skin, while calcium and phosphate ions contained within Calphasomes™ get slowly absorbed as micronutrients by the skin. The skin's own natural mechanisms then enhance the delivery and sustain the release of the actives for long lasting effects.
Calphasomes™ Technology also works as a robust barrier to the hazardous and negative effects of ultraviolet radiations caused by prolonged exposure to the sun by absorbing ultraviolet rays. At the same time, hyaluronic acid helps the skin retain water, creating a more moisturized, youthful and firm appearance.
Calphasomes™ are 100% biocompatible, biodegradable, and suitable to be used with all bioactives. Environmentally friendly, hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and non-irritating, Calphasomes™ technology is safe for all skin types and requires no additional penetration enhancers.
What are the benefits of using products with Calphasomes™?
Research has concluded that using products enhanced with Calphasomes™ Technology can:
- ● Increase skin cell regeneration
- ● Increase flexibility and rejuvenation of the skin
- ● Stimulate collagen production
- ● Regulate the production of cell-adhesion proteins, which means less fine lines and wrinkles, as well as an overall improved skin appearance
Which Dp Dermaceuticals™ products contain Calphasomes™ Technology?
We currently offer four products with integrated Calphasomes™ Technology:
- • MG-HA35+: Intensely hydrate your skin with this potent blend of Hyaluronic Acid and Calphasomes, enhanced with GGP and Centella Asiatica Extract (Tiger Grass) a popular ingredient in Korean skincare products, fortified with antioxidants, peptides and vitamins A, B, C, E and Zinc.
- • MG-HA35: Bio-compatible ingredients of B5, Zinc, Hyaluronic Acid and Calphasomes combine to refresh, restore and enhance the appearance of your skin.
- • CBD R.E.R EYE CREAM: 125 mg 99% Pure Hemp-derived CBD Isolate, HylaFuse & Calphasomes™ come together for an enhanced delivery system to ensure quick product penetration to smooth, lift and revive thinning, aged or sun damaged skin.
- • R.E.R EYE SERUM: HylaFuse Complex & Calphasomes™ technology work together to deliver retinaldehyde and bakuchiol gently to the delicate eye area.
- • CBD VISSSAGE: HylaFuse, Calphasomes, CBD, Aloe Vera Juice and Vitamin E work together to rehydrate and restore dry, environmentally damaged skin.