This is the privacy notice of dpderm.com In this document, “we” or “us” refers to DpDerm.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with USA law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
What personal data do we collect?
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our website or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
- Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.
- Billing and transaction information, including any purchases made through us or our website, such as credit or debit card information, as well as delivery and shipping details.
- We keep track of all of your communications, including emails, phone conversations, and other contacts. This includes messages in chat sessions, forums, and social media posts.
- We collect data on your marketing and communication preferences to customize our outreach to your preferences.
- We collect and evaluate useful input when you participate in our surveys or contribute opinions through product reviews.
Why is it necessary to collect it?
This information is used:
- To provide you with the services that you request;
- For verifying your identity for security purposes;
- For marketing our services and products;
- Information that does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties to provide class information, for example, relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our website by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
Your domain name and e-mail address are recognized by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances divulge your email address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically.
The information is used:
- To correspond with you or deal with you as you expect.
- In a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- To send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- To tell you about other of our services
Information you post on our website
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
Website usage information
Financial information relating only to your credit cards
This information is never stored by us either through our website or otherwise.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity in your browser and to encrypt any data you give us when you buy, including financial information such as credit or debit card numbers. Our SSL certificate encryption level is 256-bit. Whenever we ask for financial information, you can check that SSL is being used by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser URL bar or toolbar.
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Business and personal information
This includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
We keep information that forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defense in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- To operate our content management system.
- To operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our website and deleted when you close your browser.
- To enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- To collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- To record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- To record your activity during a webcast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for 30 days when it will be deleted automatically.
- To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 30 days.
- To enable you to watch videos, we have placed them on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
Calling our helpline
When you call our helpline, we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our helpline.
Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide you with the information you need. We record your requests and our replies in order to increase the efficiency of our business or organization. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter of our sole discretion as to whether we do give information and, if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
The content you provide to us
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the entire World, you have no control whatsoever as to how it is used.
With your permission, we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider to provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by getting in contact with us.
Use of site by children
If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Transfer of Data Policy
We use service providers and have group companies all around the world; thus, your personal data may be processed in countries other than the USA. This includes locations where you may have fewer legal rights to your data. We maintain privacy protection for transfers beyond the USA Economic Area by using relevant measures such as standard contractual clauses. About requests, additional information about these measures is available.
California Privacy Supplement-
If you live in California, you have additional rights to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). This section describes the types of personal information that have been collected and revealed in the last twelve months, as well as the types of third parties with whom the information has been shared.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed-
Direct identifiers: (e.g., name, email address): Disclosed to vendors, service providers, advisors, government entities, law enforcement, advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks, internet service providers, operating systems, and platforms, or as required by law or directed by you.
Customer Records: Information such as a customer's identity, account information, and financial data that is released to the same categories as described above.
Purchase records: provided to vendors, service providers, advisers, government agencies, law enforcement, advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks, internet service providers, operating systems, platforms, or as required by law or requested by you.
Internet and Electronic Network Activity Information: Browsing history of website interactions, disclosed to the same categories as above.
Geolocation Data: Location information obtained from IP addresses that is disclosed to the same categories as described above.
Audio, Visual, and Other Electronic Data: This comprises audio, visual, thermal, or similar information that has been disclosed to the same categories as described above.
Professional Information: Details about one's job are disclosed to the same categories as before.
Inferences and Profiles: Inferences are derived to establish a consumer profile, disclosed to the same categories as above.
Protected Classifications: Information that is considered protected under California/federal law and is released to comparable categories as described above.
Sensitive Personal Information: Under some conditions, information such as account log-ins, financial data, or credit card numbers may be collected and provided to the same categories as described above.
This area assures openness and CCPA compliance, providing California residents control over their personal information and how it is used.
Sales and sharing-
In accordance with California privacy laws, our practices related to "sales" and "sharing" of personal information align with the definitions provided by the CCPA. While we don't exchange personal information for monetary gain, we may share identifiers and internet activity data with third-party networks, analytics providers, and social platforms to enhance our advertising efforts and tailor content for improved customer engagement. It's important to note that we neither sell nor share sensitive personal information, and we refrain from sharing any data about individuals under the age of sixteen (16).
Source of personal information-
Direct interactions, advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks, internet service providers, operating systems, fraud prevention services, data brokers, and corporate clients are all possible sources of personal information. This wide range of sources ensures a thorough understanding while upholding privacy and security norms.
California residents have special rights under the CCPA, subject to certain limitations:
- Opt-out right- Residents have the right to opt out of the selling and sharing of their personal information.
- Sensitive Information Limitation- The right granted under the CCPA to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information.
- Right to delete- Residents have the right to seek the deletion of their acquired personal information, with limited limitations.
- Access Right- The right to know what personal information is gathered, where it comes from, what it is used for, how it is disclosed, and what specific data is collected.
- Right to correct-Residents have the right to correct erroneous personal information.
- Non-Discrimination-Exercising CCPA rights protects you against discrimination.
Submitting CCPA Requests-
California residents can email us to submit CCPA requests. When we get a request, we will validate it by requesting relevant account or interaction information. Personal information that can be fairly linked is used in the processing. More verification may be required. If we are unable to validate the request, we will notify the requestor. When using an authorized agent, proof of power of attorney or legitimate authorization is required, with the consumer validating their identification and the agent's authority when needed.
Disclosure to the Government And Their Agencies.
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization, such as a search warrant or court order.
At any time, you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us at the address above. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Sales of your personal information
Except as specified above, we do not rent, sell, or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
Compliance with the law
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your country, we would like to hear from you, but ultimately, it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us on the details listed on the contact page. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.